Wednesday, July 2, 2014

LOS OLIVOS--A LITTLE SLICE OF HEAVEN


 


               MOM I'M HERE!!

Well I'm back finally, it seems I'm tech challenged and I'm forever waiting for my daughter to come and help me! Marina where the hell are you??? I'd like to talk about SANTA BARBARA Wine Country, but particularly Los Olivos …what a wonderful place to spend the day or more if you can keep wine tasting and maybe never go home..I could actually pull up a chair or bench and take a nap on Grand Ave….First of all there are wonderful tasting rooms, ANDREW MURRAY which features their amazing Rhone wines, say hi to Nancy..REFUGIO RANCH is located at the very end in an old western style building, great wines, and around the corner on Alamo Pintado is STOLPMAN WINES which showcases varietals and blends, try their SANGIOVESE,outstanding.. you'll love their little cottage style room..There's is also the beautifully redone FESS PARKERS INN AND SPA, which houses the very Greek restaurant PETROS, fabulous food and a lovely European style backyard patio..oh look, there's me with my lovely niece Natalie and Teddy(The Dog), we were on our tenth glass of wine, not feeling any pain or anything else for that matter! What's up Teddy?? He's secretly already had his martinis..another great place to eat is LOS OLIVOS WINE MERCHANT, fresh and organic and one of the most extensive wine collections ...actually is it possible to be buried in a wine cellar?? OR better yet how about being "laid out in lavender" at CLAIRMONT FARMS, your stop for all things organic lavender!! Now as the sun sets in the west, well it's really only 2pm.. I know it's five o'clock somewhere! Salute..Cheers! Your Wine Contessa

HI NANCY!!

TEDDY'S ON HIS 4TH MARTINI!


           


JUST LIKE A RABBIT HOLE

NOT QUITE A PATIO BUT IT WILL DO!



SMILE FOR THE CAMERA LADIES!

SALUTE!!
                                                           WINE OF THE WEEK 

                          ANDREW MURRAY VINEYARDS

                2012 ESPÉRANCE
                        Red blend

                                New Release! Blend of Grenache, Syrah & Mourvedre

                    http://store.andrewmurrayvineyards.com/2012-espérance-red-blend-p294.aspx



1 comment:

  1. Love Los Olivos, we'll have to visit again soon! Thanks for the wine tip, I'll have to try it!
    Happy 4th dear sister!!

    ReplyDelete